Tuesday, August 24

Happy LOST Day!

Today's an auspicious occasion. LOST, the complete muthafunkin' series, is being released. Commence your happy-dances.

I'm well aware that some folks were underwhelmed by the final season, and as I've said previously I can't blame them. There's a lot to love there, but there's also an increasing sense of frustrated/frustrating ambiguity that most people (myself included) weren't expecting at all.

We entered Season 6, aided and abetted by ABC's nefarious marketing department, convinced we were going to get ANSWERS, ANSWERS, ANSWERS! Instead, we got .....answers?

If you're like me, who found much of my enjoyment from the show in puzzling around its various mysteries, references, allusions and pop culture debris, then the final season served as a summation of all that had made LOST both energizing and aggravating. The answer to the puzzle was more puzzle, to put it too-simply.

And I loved it, warts and all.

Work on Back to the Island: The Book continues apace, and now that the complete collection has been released I'll be incorporating what we learn from that set into the text. But primarily what I'll be doing (at first) is simply enjoying a dip back into this show's singularly-intoxicating world. I know that many of you will be doing the same thing, and I'm looking forward to talking about it.

Have you picked up the set yet? Have you watched its special features? I'll be providing a space for us to talk about them in the near future. Consider this post an initial exclamation point of excitement. In the meantime, I encourage you to use the link in the sidebar to pop over to Verbosity, where I'm now posting regularly.

6 comments:

  1. So excited! I am going crazy knowing that my box set is sitting in front of my door as I am at work. Bad thing is, it's raining out. I hope it is wrapped in plastic!!!

    I saw the 12 minutes already. I know, I know. I had to, and I am glad I did. It changed everything I was writing for my epi-blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it! It is awesome!! Nor is it water logged!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo. Morse. Did you ever watch "New Man in Charge"?

    All I'm getting since Lost day is crickets...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah... Lots of crickets. I would hear about this dumpers book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rumored! Jesus, iPhone, why would dumpers EVER make more sense than Rumored?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got the complete blu ray edition for Xmas and it's great. Going through all these again now Morse, thanks for all the effort put into these great recaps.

    ReplyDelete