Friday, March 26

Apologia

Update:

I started with a splitting headache, and ended up with a disappearing document. Which, as you might imagine, does not help with the aforementioned headache. Somehow, every word I've written on Ab Aeterno has up and vanished. This has never happened to me before, so I suppose I'm overdue. But it's immensely frustrating. You'll be able to read the column on Monday morning, and there ought to be an explanatory post up on Chud sometime today letting folks there know what the deal is.

Again, thanks for your patience. I'm off to apply a baseball bat to my hard drive.

Original Post:

Due to a combination of work-pileup and a SKULL-CRACKING headache, this week's Back To The Island column will be available to read tomorrow morning on Chud.com. It was either deliver a column I considered substandard, or take some extra time. I chose the latter. Thanks for your patience.

-MMorse

15 comments:

  1. patience is a virtue and its not as if you haven't been keeping up on commentaria..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice! Headaches are the worst, hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys. Ordinarily I would have battled through it, but man...talk about BLINDING pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I may risk a KINDERGARTEN COP reference...

    It could be a tumor...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow yea that sux! I have had those before here at work. Not fun. Take your time and feel better. We will appreciate the goods when you are ready to deliver (this was not a Judas Priest reference).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything I've written about this episode has somehow been eaten by the internet/my computer in the middle of the night. EVERYTHING.

    This is beyond frustrating. Hope to have the column up by day's end, but no guarantees. Sorry, folks. This really is beyond my control.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, that can be incredibly frustrating--sorry. Take your time with everything, MMorse. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG NO! Internet thieves! Sorry Morse! Well these things happen, as frustrating as they are, we all understand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ughhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! that sucks, i've been waiting for the column all day.

    Thanks for the update, good luck, and read you Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First the headache and now this? Is suspect Widmore and/or Smokey. Enjoy your weekend nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your patience, guys. Sincerely. What a pain in the tuckus this is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't been blown away by this season of Lost but your articles help me to appreciate the season much more... Looking forward to the next article. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. :( Man, that's really crummy! I'm sorry to hear about both the headache AND losing the article you'd written. I hope the headache goes away, and that the re-write isn't so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, guys. The rewrite went pretty smoothly. It'll be up tomorrow. Looking forward to your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete