Tuesday, May 18

Life Is Getting Stranger, And Requires More Virtual Real Estate

So apparently I'll be interviewing Tim Roth in the near-future.

I have no real business doing so, any more than I did in interviewing Hiroyuki Sanada. And yet, here I am - very pleased and more than a little confused.

Due to the non-Lostian nature of this kind of stuff, I'm going to be setting up a new site for all non-Lost related writings. From the tone of the communication I recieved, it seems likely that this will not be the last interview I do. I need a place to put them, along with the other, non-book ideas I'm looking forward to tackling in the wake of Lost's finale.

So, if you've enjoyed the me-writing part of this blog even close to as much as you've enjoyed the what-I'm-writing-about part, I'd like to invite you to join me over there too once I get things set up and do a little tidying. It'd be great to hold on to some of your intelligence and civility once the weekly Back to the Island column closes it's figurative doors.

Incidentally, if you've got any questions for Mr. Roth (my first: how did you manage to keep yourself from murdering yourself on the set of Rob Roy every day? Didn't looking into a mirror make you want to travel back in time and strangle yourself as a baby?*) please shoot me an email or leave me a comment and let me know. I'd appreciate some intelligent options from you all.

As always, thanks for reading.


*Believe it or not, this is a compliment.

5 comments:

  1. First off, how on earth did you land this interview? Do you have anything to do with "Lie to Me" or anything else which would give someone the impetus to contact you for an interview with Roth? Nice job though, I've always enjoyed him, even if I didn't like the movie, a great example of that would be Funny Games. I loved every actor in that film, but wasn't a huge fan of the movie overall. My question: "Do you have any upcoming films that you have done (will do) in between the seasons of Lie to Me? Also, what are your long term plans for the show and afterwards?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS, Morse! I'm glad to hear that the immense amount of love and hardwork you've put into your columns has gotten you more work at Chud! Can't wait for your insightful and self-deprecating writing to make its way onto Chud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks guys.

    Hi Ho,

    I have nothing to do with Lie To Me, or any show/entertainment product. It came about due to the Sanada interview. It sounds like his people liked the end-product, which was surprising and gratifying. Thanks for the question. I'll be sure to ask it.

    Moo,

    Thanks, man. I'm looking forward to post-Lost writing. I love this show, but I'm excited by the prospect of getting to switch things up in public (which sounds, somehow, kinda dirty).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I doubt you'd ask this but its been bugging me and my wife anytime we catch Lie to Me.

    What is up with Roth's posture? Most of the time he's walking around all hunched over. Its like he's java-man or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is excellent news. I can't wait to see where you go with this.

    As for my Tim Roth question: If he could play any character from literature or history on film, whom would he pick? Not counting ones he's played already.

    ReplyDelete